Around 140 participants from all over the world met in Salzburg on 26 and 27 September for the exclusive partner conference "Pimcore Inspire 2018". As a Pimcore Gold Partner, we were of course there to exchange ideas with other users and software developers and find out first-hand about upcoming software innovations.
In addition to keynotes, Q&A sessions and networking, partners had the opportunity to present their Pimcore success stories - with the chance to win the prestigious "Case Study of the Year" award.
Criteria for the Case Study Award:
- Innovation: Use of Pimcore in a new way or in a new industry
- Integration: Depth of integration with third-party systems
- Enthusiasm: Exceeding the expectations of the project team
- Platform: Number of Pimcore features used
- Project scope: Number of objects, countries, languages, etc.
- Presentation: Exciting presentation of the case study
And the winner is: Blackbit's content commerce shop for Viani
Our comprehensive digital commerce project for delicatessen importer Viani impressed the Pimcore crew. And so we were able to take home the coveted trophy for Case Study of the Year 2018.
The Pimcore Case Study of the Year 2018 Award is not the first honour we have received for the Viani brand shop. Back in 2016, the website was honoured as the "Most Innovative Shop" at the Shop Usability Award. What made the project so special back then? Thanks to the innovative combination of content and commerce, the online shop stands out from the market thanks to its emotion, information and individuality. Customised e-commerce functions for retailers and end customers also ensure an intuitive and user-friendly shopping experience.
Migration to Pimcore 5
We are implementing the Viani project according to the growth-driven design method and are therefore continuously developing it further. After a year of successful operation, the next goals are the personalisation of the user experience and the introduction of artificial intelligence (AI). In order to achieve these goals, a migration to the current software version Pimcore 5 was necessary. Migrating such an extensive project is a real challenge that ties up considerable resources. In order to be able to continue to respond to enquiries from customers and interested parties in a timely manner, Blackbit decided to carry out the migration with the support of the Pimcore Global Services (PGS) team. The PGS team took care of the lossless data migration and updated the following features to continue to get the best out of the Pimcore tool:
- Client configuration to manage B2B and B2C customer data
- ElasticSearch for fast search and filter results
- Enhanced Pimcore e-commerce functionalitiesin terms of clients, shopping cart, price, checkout, orders and voucher services
- Customer management framework for better evaluation and segmentation of user data as well as the option of personalised and automated customer targeting
Blackbit was responsible for project management and quality assurance. Among other things, we translated customer requirements into software specifications, organised tests and bug fixes, transferred CMS content and accompanied the complete migration up to the go-live of the Pimcore 5 digital commerce platform.